Biological protection stoppers
Radiation protection is one of the primary concerns in a nuclear power plant. Progress is being made on a yearly basis in terms of the doses that may be received, notably thanks to the processes that enable this dose to be reduced at the source.
For this very reason, Pronal has designed a range of stoppers and biological “matress” that effectively creates a protective barrier for workers. These flexible barriers are then filled with water, and when filled to a thickness of 200mm are as equally effective as a 50mm lead cushion. The ease with which these biological barriers can be installed and removed makes them a more practical choice than working with lead cushioning. The dimensions and forms of these biological barriers can be defined based on the client’s specifications.
Our stoppers are in full compliance with the ALARA principle; the core principle outlining protective measures against ionizing radiation.
- The creation of an air/water exchange makes them easy to use
- Completely air/watertight
- Provides effective radiation protection
- Easy to install and use
- Material: Nitrile PMUC
- Technique: hot vulcanisation in a vacuum autoclave
- Form: cylindrical, conical, ring-shaped, parallelepipedal, …
- Inflation: by water
- Temperature resistance: -25°C / +90°C
- Inflation pressure: depending on the client’s specifications
You can not find your dimensions
Our design department employs the best project leaders and designers and will be pleased to develop and create a tailor-made product specially for your unique project.